Shine and Seal for Plastic and Rubber 12 oz Bottle
Machinists Mate Shine and Seal
Four Months after application and tires are still shining!
Machinists Mate Shine and Seal is a revolutionary new product to protect and shine the rubber and plastic on your vehicle. Machinist Mate Shine and Seal is different than other tire shine, tire wet look, tire armor all, tire foam, back to black plastic restorers, etc. in that it lasts, lasts and far outlasts all competitors on the market. MACHINIST MATE SHINE AND SEAL IS SO REVOLUTIONARY THAT WE GURARANTEE IT TO LAST A MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS ON YOUR VEHICLE! See our warranty policy for more information.
Machinist Mate Shine and Seal is unlike any other tire shine, wet look, back to black or plastic or rubber shine product on the market! The current tire shine or plastic shine or rubber shine product offerings provide a high gloss or wet look for a short period and often are greasy or will fling off onto your paint.
Machinists Mate Shine and Seal is a completely different tire shine, wet look product in many ways! Instead of having to apply the tire shine, wet look, plastic shine or rubber shine product over and over Machinist Mate Shine and Seal will last up to one full year without reapplying (results will vary depending upon use and operating conditions) and will provide that high-gloss wet look to the tires, plastic and rubber components on your vehicle. Machinists Mate will also restore that black look to your plastic and will last a minimum of 6 months.
Even on your tires Machinist Mate will provide up to one full year of high gloss tire shine with a wet look without reapplying or special care on low use vehicles such as show cars! We all know how much abuse tires take on a vehicle and how they are flexing when hitting pot holes and other normal road anomalies. This is where normal tire shine, back to black or wet look products fail as they heat generated by the tire and the flexing along with air movement, dirt, leaves etc. hitting the tire, remove or dull the tire shine wet look in short order. Machinist Mate Shine and Seal is different as it provides a tough, long lasting tenacious barrier that not only shines but protects your tires and plastic trim giving them that wet look for months on end.
Machinist Mate Shine and Seal withstood the harshest of summer weather conditions in Florida with the penetrating sun beating on it day after day, rain, and normal road conditions. Machinist Mate Shine and Seal stood up to these conditions and endured. One application of Machinist Mate Shine and Seal is proven to provide shine and wet look continuously with one application for an extended period beyond other products on the market. Where other tire shine, wet look, plastic shine or rubber shine products require repeated reapplications over and over sometimes in as short as a day, Machinist Mate Shine and Seal out lasts and out shines them all.
Machinist Mate Shine and Seal provides the following benefits:
- Will not fling off your vehicle and get on your paint
- Long lasting – lasts up to a year (depending upon use and conditions)
- Will not peel or crack when properly applied
- Provides a barrier helping to prolong the life of your equipment
- Not a petroleum based product – will not deteriorate your plastic or rubber.
- Dries quickly to the touch. See application instructions for full cure times.
- Requires no special cleaning or maintenance once applied. Simply wash your vehicle.
- Prevents dirt, brake dust and other contaminants from adhering to the surface making cleaning easy.
- Guaranteed to last 6 months – see warranty policy for details
Machinist Mate Shine and Seal can be used on the rubber or plastic material on your vehicle - do not use on foam rubber.
Machinist Mate Shine and Seal is the only choice when you want that long-lasting shine and wet look while restoring the black luster to black plastic body parts and rubber. Machinist mate Shine and Seal is the ideal complement to enhance the looks and provide unparcelled protection for your RV, trailer tires, show car, pickup, golf cart, motorcycle, bicycle, four-wheeler tires and plastic.
Machinist Mate Shine and Seal kit
Machinist Mate Shine and Seal is unlike any other tire or plastic shine product in the market in that it provides a very long-lasting shine – up to one full year! Machinist Mate Shine and Seal provides superior shine and long lasting protection of plastic and rubber. Do not apply on foam rubber.
To apply Machinist Mate Shine and Seal you must follow the instructions below very carefully. If you do not the product will not perform at its full potential.
NOTE: apply Machinist Mate Shine and Seal in temperatures between 60 to 95 degrees F only.
NOTE: you will find it much easier to apply Machinist Mate Shine and Seal if the tire is off the vehicle or you drive the vehicle up on one or two 2X4 pieces of wood. If you use wood, place the wood in front of the tire on the inside of the tread and drive up on the wood so the wood lifts the tire completely off the ground thus allowing you to access bottom outside of the tire.
- Thoroughly clean the surface (rubber or plastic) to be treated with Machinist Mate General Degreaser provided with the Shine and Seal kit. NOTE: IT IS IMPARATIVE THAT ALL DIRT, GREASE, BRAKE DUST, OIL, WAX, ETC. be fully and completely removed from the surface prior to applying Machinist Mate Shine and Seal. FAILURE TO FULLY CLEAN THE SURFACE WILL RESULT IN THE PRODUCT CRACKING, PEELING, AND FLAKING.
- Liberally spray the area to be cleaned with Machinist Mate General Degreaser then vigorously scrub the entire surface using the provided brush. RINSE AND REPEAT AT LEAST THREE TIMES!
- Let the surface dry completely. NOTE: LET DRY COMPLETELY. You can speed drying by using an air hose to blow the water off or a shop vacuum with the suction hose attached to the discharge side of the vacuum.
- Once the surface is fully dried, carefully examine the surface. If any browning, discoloring, dirt, grease, oil, wax or other material is visible on the surface then repeat the cleaning procedure outlined in step #2 until the surface is thoroughly clean. NOTE: look closely along the edges of seams, letters, grooves, or other texture features on the surface for dirt, debris, or discoloration. If there is any foreign material, or discoloration indicating dirt or debris then repeat cleaning procedure until the entire surface is fully and thoroughly clean. NOTE: FAILURE TO ADEQUATELY CLEAN THE SURFACE WILL RESULT IN UNSATISFACTORY LOOK AND PERFORMANCE AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
- Once the surface is clean and thoroughly dried. Thoroughly shake Machinist Mate Shine and Seal and squirt a small amount into the dispensing tray. Then soak up the Shine and Seal into the applicator sponge until fully wet but not running or dripping out of the sponge.
- Wipe the applicator sponge along the surface in smooth long even strokes. As the sponge begins to run out of Shine and Seal soak up more into the applicator sponge and continue to coat the entire surface with a thin and even coat. Try to avoid heavy (white) applications in corners, cracks, treads, or other surface irregularities. If you have heavy liquid (white) areas, then squeeze out any excess Shine and Seal in the applicator sponge so it will absorb and then gently dab the surface area where the white liquid is visible in the seams and cracks to remove as much as possible. Shine and Seal should be applied in a thin even coat and the surface should look black (assuming the surface you are applying to is black) and shiny with the Shine and Seal applied not white with Shine and Seal. If you cannot easily remove all the white excess in some areas, it will dry clear in about 10 to 20 minutes. IT is important that you avoid heavy applications of Shine and Seal if possible. DO NOT APPLY ONE HEAVY APPLICATION OVER ANOTHER. Remember, apply thin coats. If necessary, use a light cloth, rag, or paper towel wet with shine and seal to get the coats thin and smooth. Do not apply Shine and Seal with heavy areas and streaks of Shine and Seal, you want t a smooth even application. The sponge applicator will sometimes apply Shine and Seal with a heavy/light streaks or cause Shine and Seal to foam. If this the case, try wiping with a cloth. If Shine and Seal foams from the applicator sponge, then dab the foaming to break it up and wipe away. Do not leave heavy foaming as this will result in a undesirable finish.
- Machinist Mate Shine and Seal will dry to the touch in about two to five minutes when properly applied. Once dry to the touch, apply a second coat the same way as the first, making sure it is a thin even coat. Let dry and then apply a third coat. The more thin coats of Shine and Seal you apply the more shine you will achieve.
- Let Machinist Mate Shine and Seal cure for at least three hours at 90 degrees and six hours at 60 degrees prior to moving the vehicle. During the first 24 hours, do not expose to rain or moisture and avoid dirt roads, mud, puddles, etc. Shine and Seal will fully cure in 24 hours.
- Machinist Mate Shine and Seal will not fling off, crack or peel under normal operating conditions when properly applied and will still be visible with a shine up to a year depending upon the circumstances the vehicle is operated in. Tires take a great deal of abuse and the more you drive the vehicle the sooner Shine and Seal will need a refresh coat to maintain the shine you desire. Driving in snow, mud, dirt, salt etc. will shorten the shine life.
- To clean surfaces treated with Machinist Mate Shine and Seal. Use Machinist Mate Car Wash to clean the vehicle including the areas with Machinist Mate Shine and Seal applied. Do not use other soaps or harsh chemicals such as dishwasher soap as these will damage your paint, remove your wax, and will shorten the life of Machinist Mate Seal and Shine.
- If over time the shine is reduced to the point that you would like to refresh the high shine, simply clean the surface with Machinist Mate General Degreaser by lightly cleaning with a rag or brush and let dry or wash the surface with a gentle soap and water. Ensure there is no dirt, grease, oil or wax present and then reapply as outlined above.
We Also Recommend